Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Singer Lulu is back; is there a copying issue?

From an interview with singer Lulu:

--
If you could go back in time, where would you go?
To the 60s, when I was 16, at the Marquee in Soho, and Eric Clapton asked what I was doing that night. I would give him a better answer.


--
If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose? 
Vinyl, and the feeling of anticipation and excitement when they announced the release date of the new Beatles record.


--from the Guardian, March 28 <-- p="">
**Separately, Dionne Hickery has suggested the possibility that Lulu copied a song.
From u.tv:

"The first line is similar and in the same key and the chorus has a few similarities too. I'm not sure if Lulu has copied my song. I wouldn't be too happy because I'm really proud of it."
News of the investigation comes just days after the Shout hitmaker spoke of her pride at writing her own songs for the first time in her 50-year career.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home