Friday, October 08, 2010

Surreal moment: criticizing the work while copying it?

Of allegations that Edward Wegman both criticized and copied his work, Raymond Bradley of the University of Massachusetts is quoted in USA Today :

"Talk about irony. It just seems surreal (that) these authors could criticize my work when they are lifting my words."

This business relates to Wegman's criticism of the hockey stick graph that was published in 1999 by the journal Nature.

Note separately Michael Mann's piece in the Washington Post Get the anti-science bent out of politics.
[My employer, Penn State University, exonerated me after a thorough investigation of my e-mails in the East Anglia archive. ]

For some history, Three of four misconduct allegations against Michael Mann found to be without merit (updated)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home