Thursday, October 06, 2011

Monday Night Football theme: "Who owns that sucker? "

As to the issue between ESPN and himself, Hank Williams, Jr. posted:

"After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision. By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run." -- Hank Williams Jr.

The key IP point is the reference to "my song."

If Williams owns the copyright, free of licensing obligations, that's one thing.

But, if not so, what happens if ESPN utilizes a Williams look-a-like or sound-a-like? Right of publicity?

The Williams text and "who owns that sucker" are from ESPN drops Hank Williams, Jr., Hank claims he quit with his ‘rowdy friends’ .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home