Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Software patents in UK

ZDNet writes:

I really can't believe - can barely understand, given its dense legalities - this latest ruling, which seems to want to reinstate software patents in the UK. I had thought that the reasons software should not be patented, but given instead other sorts of intellectual property protection, were by now widely understood.

Perhaps Justice Kitchin has been talking to a friend of mine with whom, years ago, I had a knock-down argument that neither of us won.

My friend's engineering nous is exemplary, his creativity is off-planet, his logical prowess would shame a Vulcan, and his commercial instinct is so minuscule I doubt CERN could detect it with its finest machinery set to maximum magnification.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home