Thursday, January 05, 2006

NJ Mayor brands local group terrorist, calls for disbarment of leader

According to a report in the Jan. 5 issue of "The Reporter," Mayor Robert Holtaway of Bedminster, NJ has labeled the "Bedminster, Branchburg, Bridgewater Concerned Citizens Coalition" terrorist and has called for the disbarment of Alan Harwick.

Hartaway wanted a resolution passed and sent to the NJ Supreme Court requesting Harwick be disbarred.

I don't think the procedure works that way. However, if this discussion goes far enough, we might get a sequel to R.M. v. Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2005 NJ LEXIS 1140, probably on the topic of immunity.

Separately, I discuss points about Oregon's "client assistance office" in the November 2005 issue of Intellectual Property Today. The repeated phrase "Sorry Professor Lininger I don't believe you about Oregon." was a typo. HOWEVER, the situation is worse than I depicted, so I'll now say: "Sorry, Professor Lininger, I REALLY don't believe you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home